5th kalma in English” The 5th kalma is known as “Istighfar”, which means asking for forgiveness. It is one of the most important kalma among the six well-known kalma in Islam.
It mentions asking forgiveness for one’s sins, there is no doubt that forgiveness is always sought by the person who first realizes that what he has done is wrong.
After realizing our mistake, we sincerely ask for forgiveness, which is certainly accepted. Through this fifth kalma, we can also ask forgiveness from Allah for our sins and mistakes.
When we were young and went to the mosque to study, these kalima were also remembered there, and we used to read them in the school books, but we did not understand their meaning. Let’s Go Read the fifth kalima with English meaning.
5th kalma in English
5th kalma in English Transliteration
Virtue of asking for forgiveness
The method of Istighfar is for the servant to praise his Lord, then confess his sins, and seek forgiveness from Allah.
Hazrat Hasan Basri says: “Ask for forgiveness frequently in your homes, at your table, in your passageways and markets, and in your gatherings and wherever you go, because you do not know when forgiveness will be revealed.”
Asking for forgiveness has many benefits such as:
- Allah Almighty showers His mercy on those who seek forgiveness and bestows rivers and gardens
- Allah Ta’ala blesses those who seek forgiveness with sustenance, wealth and treasures of children
- Those who seek forgiveness are always in obedience to Allah
- Servants who seek forgiveness become closer to Allah
- Servants who seek forgiveness are removed from Satan؎
- Suffering ends in the life of such people
- Angels also bless such people