As a Muslim, everyone wants to escape from Hell and his abode will be Paradise. A prayer for protection from the fire of Hell is also usually recited which is a very powerful prayer which is as follows: Allahumma ajirni minan naar.
Allah Almighty has shown man two ways, one is the path of goodness and the other is the path of evil. He who does good deeds is promised Paradise and he who does evil deeds is punished by Hell.
We will try to explain to you the Islamic teachings in which the teachings about salvation from Hell are explained very clearly.
Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal narrated the hadith in Musnad and Imam Abu Dawood narrated it in Sunan Abu Dawood the words are:
When you have finished the Fajr prayer, before you speak to anyone, say seven times, Allahumma ajirni minan naar If death befalls you on that day, May Allah save you from Hell.
Allahumma Ajirni Minan Naar Meaning in English
Anas bin Malik says that the Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said: On the Day of Qayamat, people will form rows, Then a sinful man will come and say to the people of Paradise: O so and so! You remember one day you were thirsty so I quenched your thirst.
So that person in heaven will intercede for that person in hell. Another man will pass by another man and say: Do you remember that one day I performed Wudhu for you? So he will recommend it. Similarly one will say: O so-and-so: Do you remember that one day I went for your work? So he will recommend it.
Deeds of Salvation From The Fire of Hell
- Syedna Mu’adhrazi Allah Anhu (once) was riding behind him on his horse with him. Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH)said to him: O Mu’aaz they said: Labeek Three times (it happened)Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said: Whoever bears witness with his sincere heart , Allaah will forbid him (the fire of Hell).
- Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said: “Whoever cries out of fear of Allaah will not go to Hell until then. “Until the milk returns to the breast and the dust of jihad and the smoke of hell cannot accumulate in one place for Allah.
- Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said: Shall I not tell you about a person on whom the fire of Hell is forbidden and he is forbidden on fire? This is a person who is gentle and closes to people and creates comfort and ease for them.
- It is narrated from Umm Al-Mu’minin Syeda Umm Habiba that I Listen to Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) instruct that whoever recites the 4 rak’ahs before Zuhar and the 4 rak’ahs after, Allaah will forbid him from the fire of Hell.
- Narrated by Syedna Ammara: I heard Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) say: The one who prays before sunrise and sunset. The fire will not even touch it (ie Fajr and ASR prayers).
- You must read this dua to go to heaven instead of hell Allahumma inni as aluka al jannah.
We should make a promise to ourselves that we will not only pray for deliverance from Hell, but after today we will stay away from all activities that lead to going to Hell. And will always do good work for humanity that our Lord will be pleased with and send us to heaven.