Islam is a religion of nature. Like other religions, Islam also celebrates special days of happiness. These days include Eid days. On this occasion, all Muslims celebrate and congratulate each other.
In this way, mutual love is promoted. On this occasion, there is a special prayer Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum which Muslims usually recite it when they meet each other.
Do you know the meaning of this prayer? If not, let us guide you about it. To greet Eid is to pray Taqabbal allahu minna wa minkum for its blessing, which is permissible in itself, so it is permissible to greet one another on the occasion of Eid, but it is mustahab. Now we learn Meaning of Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum:
Taqabbalallahu Minna Wa Minkum Meaning in English
The Companions of the Holy Prophet used to pray to each other: May your deeds be accepted in the sight of Allah and also our deeds.
Allama Shami has quoted from the researcher Ibn Ameer Hajj that in our Syria people call each other “Eid Mubarak” so this too can be included in the generality of this prayer Taqabbalallahu.
Sunnahs & Manners of Eid Day
- Cleaning the mouth with a toothbrush.
- Ghusl before going for prayers.
- Wearing good clothes means wearing the best clothes you have.
- Use good fragrance.
- Performing Eid prayers in Eidgah.
- On the day of Baqar Eid, one should not eat anything before the Eid prayers (Rather, the first thing that should go into a person’s stomach on that day should be the sacrificial meat.
- Yes, one should eat odd number of dates or any sweet thing before going for Eid prayers on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
- Go to Eidgah early.
- Saying takbeer aloud while going to Eidgah on the day of Baqar eid ul adha and saying takbeer slowly while going to Eidgah on Eid-ul-Fitr.
- Going to Eid Gah one way and coming back the other way.
- Sitting and listening to the sermon after Eid prayers. Sitting for the sermon is a definite Sunnah.
- It is obligatory to remain silent during the sermon and to listen to the sermon carefully.
- It is forbidden to offer any supererogatory prayers in the Eid Gah before or after the Eid prayers.
Waking up and worshiping on Eid nights. The heart of one who wakes up on the nights of Eid will be alive on the day when all hearts will die.
Taqaballahu Minna Wa Minkum Explanation
A Muslim who resembles people and is patient with their sufferings is better than a Muslim who does not meet people and does not tolerate their suffering.
The most beloved of people to Allah is the one who is most beneficial to others. In the sight of Allah, the most beloved deed is to spread happiness in the heart of a Muslim and to run a wave of happiness. The most beloved act of Allah after fulfilling one’s duties is to please the Muslims.
A striped cloth was brought to the Holy Prophet. He asked where is Umm Khalid? She was the daughter of Hazrat Abu al Aas and was very young, she was born in Abyssinia. The baby was presented in the service of the Holy Prophet Gone, you started wearing that cloth yourself.
The girl was looking at this striped cloth with great pleasure, When you have clothed him, pointing to his colorful stripes, he said: O Umm Khalid! She is beautiful. O Umm Khalid! She is beautiful.
One of the forefathers passed by the children engaged in play. After seeing the children, they returned and bought sweets for them and then distributed it among the children. When they were asked the reason, they replied:
I used to earn rewards from such deeds and share happiness and these children are happy with very little money. We should also share our happiness with other people. And try not to cause any sorrow to any human being from our caste but we should be the cause of sharing happiness for humanity.