We often hear a phrase that is repeated on the tongues of oppressed people and that is that Hasbunallahu WA ni’mal wakeel.
Therefore, it is narrated from Hazrat Abdullah bin Abbas (RA) that When an attempt was made to burn Hazrat Ibrahim (as) in fire then he said: “Hasbunallahu wa ni mal wakeel” And Prophet Muhammad also said when (some) people said to the believers:
“Surely the people have gathered a great army against you, so beware of them.” His faith increased even more and he replied these Dua. These words are also generally recited as Dua for Debts for recovery debt.
Hasbunallahu Wa Ni Mal Wakeel in Arabic
Allah Almighty says in Surah Al-Imran in verse 173 of the Holy Quran:
Hasbunallahu WA Ni Mal Wakeel Meaning
English Translation: “Allah is Sufficient for us and what an excellent Guardian He is!”
In the hadiths, this prayer has been described as follows with further additions:
Hazrat Ebn Abbas says that one day (on a ride) he was sitting behind the Holy Prophet (SAW) and he said: O boy! Let me tell you a few things. Remember Allah, He will keep you safe. Remember Allah, He will find it before you.
When you want to ask for something, just ask Allah. You will also be helped by the command of Allah. and know that if all the ummah come together to give you some benefit, it can only benefit you as much as Allah Almighty has written for you and if everyone agrees to harm you. you can do no harm except what Allah Almighty has written for you.
A man came to Abu Bakr Shibli and complained of having more children. He said: Go home and evict all those people whose sustenance is not the responsibility of Allah Almighty.
Hazrat Abu Turab says, That there are seventeen degrees that lead to Allah, the lowest of which is to accept and the highest degree is to really rely on Allah Almighty.
Importance of This Ayat
- When the Muslims gathered in Hamra al-Assad after the battle of Uhud, the hypocrites discouraged them by saying that the people had gathered for you, so their answer was to repeat the phrase hasbunallah wanikmal wakil so that the result is by the grace of God.
- God loves the servant who calls on Him and entrusts His affairs to Him.
- It can spread fear in the souls of the oppressors and the enemies.
- When Muslims repeat this statement in front of the oppressors, you see that the effect of this dhikr on their ears makes them tremble.
- This prayer is enough to end the fear.
- God protects and takes care of him, and then bestows happiness in this world and the hereafter.
- By uttering these words in severe sorrow and distress, Allah Almighty removes sorrow and grief.
- Hazrat Yahya bin Mu’adh was asked: When does a person become trustworthy? He said: (Man is trustworthy only) when he agrees to make Allah his guardian.
- Imam Qusheyri states: Trust is that which is in the hands of Allah, you should trust in it and what people have, you should despair of it.
Importance in Hadith
Hazrat Abdullah bin Masood narrates that a man asked: O Prophet of Allah! Will we have a grip on what we did in the pre-Islamic era?
Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said: Whoever enters the realm of Islam and does good deeds, he will not be blamed for his deeds of the time of Jahiliyyah. However, if he came to Islam and did evil (as usual), then all his previous and previous deeds (evil) will be blamed.
See Must: Rabbi yassir wala tu assir