The month of Dhu al-Hijjah and its first ten days are very glorious. There are many good deeds related to this month.
Among these special deeds is the Eid ul adha takbeer, which is recited after the obligatory prayers on the days of Tashreeq. It is recited only after twenty-three (23) prayers throughout the year.
Takbeer Tashreeq Background
Takbir Tashreeq are actually blessed words uttered by Hazrat Ibrahim (as), Hazrat Ismail (as) and Hazrat Jibreel Amen (as) at the time of the sacrifice of Hazrat Ishmael (as).Allaah added these words to His ummah as a remembrance through His Beloved Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH).
When Hazrat Ibrahim (PBUH) slaughtered the sheep of Paradise, then Hazrat Jibreel (PBUH) said: Allah is the owner of all heights.
Hazrat Ishmael said: Allah is only one God and Allah is the Greatest.
Hazrat Ibrahim said: Allah is the owner of all heights and Allah is the Praiseworthy.
Eid ul Adha Takbeer Full in Arabic
There is a special emphasis and virtue of eid takbeer in five days. Ibn Shahab Zuhri says, Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) used to recite Takbeer on all the days of Tashreeq.
Information on Takbeer-Tashreeq
When to start takbeer for eid-ul adha:
- This eid takbir is obligatory for men and women after every obligatory prayer۔ eid takbir should be recited even after Eid-ul-Adha prayers.
- The man recited this takbeer in a moderate voice and the woman recited it slowly. Many men and women do not recite this takbeer eid, although it is obligatory to recite it. Similarly, some men read slowly or very loudly, both of which are correctable.
- This takbeer Tashreeq should be recited immediately after the salutation of the obligatory prayers.
- Immediately after the salaam, if a person forgets to recite this takbeer, he should say takbeer if he has not done anything against the prayers, such as speaking.
- If the imam forgets to say this takbeer e tashreeq after a prayer, then the followers should say the takbeer immediately and do not wait for the imam to say the takbir for eid ul adha.
- He (PBUH)used to start takbeer after the morning prayer on the day of ‘Arafah and end it after’ Asr on the last day of Tashreeq.
- On the day of Eid, it is permissible to greet and shake hands with each other.
- On the day of Eid, it is a good practice to increase spending on one’s family, to give alms according to one’s status, to express happiness when meeting a Muslim brother, and to meet relatives to express happiness.
- There is nothing wrong with women offering Eid prayers in congregation at home. In this case, a woman can preach to them after prayers.
- It is permissible to adorn women who do not go to Eidgah etc. for prayers.
- It is mustahab to walk in other acts of worship like Eid.
- If the Sunnah of eating before the prayers in Eid-ul-Fitr is performed on the road or in the mosque, then it is not against Marwat due to an excuse.
- The time of Eid-ul-Fitr greetings is from sunset like Takbir and Eid-ul-Adha is from Fajr on the day of Arafah.
- It is permissible to bring children for Eid prayers.
- If this article has increased your knowledge, please share it. If you find any errors in it, don’t forget to correct us.